Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Is It Ever Too Late?



Although I have a decent grasp of how the world works in this this day and age; I find it difficult to accept the fact that so many people are so afraid of a committed relationship. I see it over and over, the never ending lost of interest, whether from him or her, ultimately the connection is lost, or is it?


If one could do with our lives as we do with our Google history and pages visited; I wonder if we would be temped to delete some of the moments in our past? Would we go back to our setting and search engines and enable or disable certain things from our past? I have to say it sounds rather temping to even think about it. Without a doubt I can think of a few experiences in my life I wish I did not have, but for what ever purpose or reason being; I trust that God allowed them for His Plan in me. Of course there is also the moments we all wish could last for ever and perhaps the moments we all wish would experience but didn't. It is in those moments that we really have to trust Him. Going through an event in our lives, tragic, or pleasant, joyful or sad, rewarding of depleting, at least there is a feeling attached to it, but what about the "What Ifs"? these are a completely different animal.

All our lives are full of What Ifs?, What if? I would have stayed in Mexico and never have moved to America, What If? I would have not changed High schools, What If? I would have not gone to fire school, What If? I would have been promoted. What if? I would not have met you? generally speaking. What If?, What If? to most of these I think I know the answer but one still remains.

Is there a purpose or reason for God placing some people in our lives and at a precise moment? And as they come into our lives, is their departure or our departure, part of His plan? or is it just something deep in our hearts that God is providing an opportunity for us to develop?

in Jeremiah 29-11 God tell His people 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

But in Verse 10 He said " After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place.

Seventy years! now that is a little bit worst that just being Defriend on FB or unfolled on twitter. God was being rather serious about His expectations, but have His expectations changed or has He gotten softer? Absolutely not!

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

This has to be one of my favorite verse. Through Him! meaning, we must know Christ and live our walk in His ways. To love on another, and if you look closely "one another" is repeated in more then a few dozen times in the NT. From love to help, encourage, honor, be in harmony, be devoted, serve one another and the list goes on and on. My point being, are we to allow God's purpose in our relationships with others to flourish or are we to live in fear of our flesh. The question still remains, "Is it ever too Late?"

No comments:

Post a Comment